Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A first time blogger ...

I finally decided to dive in and blog ... kinda in preparation for a summer long thread of exciting travel! I also have a fair amount of "to-dos" in place for summer ... but then name a graduate (PhD) student who aspires high and does not! It hasn't really been that exciting for the past couple days in my small town of West Lafayette, where I go to school at Purdue - with this namby-pamby rain getting me rather brooding and less than usual chirpy ... but then, I guess I have had my share of accolades with my impeccable GPA and a graduation gala for graduating with an MS from Chicago. Well! thinking of graduation I have had quite a few graduations over the last couple of years ... who says time's measured in hours and minutes ... graduating from the well-chaperoned warm parental niche on the other side of the globe to a wifey of a charming young man in the Occidental soils ... graduating from living by myself in a bachelor-like apartment in Chicago to a wonderful new home in this Purduette land ... from a big-city girlie to a small-town scholar ... and then of course - my latest love - a hybrid pristine, silver, Prius!! Well! with so many graduations over a space of two years, am almost giddy with graduations and therefore, Saurabh and I decided to have a break this summer ... and well! with France, Germany, and India traveling, coming up this summer, I guess I will have a lot to learn, a lot to share, and of course a lot to blog! Talking of travel, we love to travel ... given that we come from a town with close connections to Earhart, you can hardly blame us ... so, will get back to blogging from the bounties of Le Mont-Saint-Michel, France - yes! the tales of my French Rendezvous are coming up sometime soon ... till then - Blog and don't Slog!

No comments: